Where disciplines meet
The Rigi-Workshop was set up by the platform biology to promote interdisciplinary exchange between young scientists. The thema of this three-day workshop changes every year, but it has to be interdisciplinary and including biology. A maximum of 40 doctoral students and post-doctoral researchers from all Switzerland can participate. The platform Biology organises the Rigi workshops in collaboration with active researchers, which have submitted an appropriate subject and applied.
- "Ecosystems under pressure. Agriculture, forestry and conservation under global change."
Co-organizers: Dr. Yann Vitasse (WSL), Dr. Sibylle Stöckli (FiBL), Dr. Martin Gossner (WSL), Dr. Martin Hartmann (ETHZ), Nicolas Strebel (Swiss ornithological Institute)
- "Editing the code of human life – biological, ethical and legal perspectives" CANCELLED
Co-Organisers: Prof. Dr. Isabel Roditi (University of Bern), Prof. Dr. Claudia Seitz (University of Basel), Dr. Anna Deplazes Zemp (University of Zurich)
- "Storyboarding Science: Interdisciplinary Workshop for Scientists and Filmmakers"
(taking place in November 2016)
Co-Organisers: Dr. Samer Angelone-Alasaad (Global Ecofilm Festival), Prof. Jill Scott (Zurich University of the Arts) and Prof. Marille Hahne (Zurich University of the Arts)
- "Big Answers from Small Packages - Systems and Synthetic Biology of Microbes"
Co-Organisers: Prof. Dr. Patrick Viollier (Deptartment of Microbiology & Molecular Medicine, University of Geneva) and Prof. Dr. Beat Christen (Institute of Molecular Systems Biology, ETH Zürich)
- "Mathematical and Computational Modeling in Life Sciences"
Co-Organisers: Prof. Dr. Christian Mazza (Department of Mathematics, University of Fribourg) and Prof. em. Dr. Jean-David Rochaix (Department of Molecular Biology, University of Geneva)